Inspired by @paugram’s #everythingwetouchcovidessentialsx15 challenge, I’ve been making a stop motion animation of of 15 essential things helping me get through lockdown. Ive used a few analogue items (that I refuse to throw away) to illustrate my story with a bit of creative license but you get the picture! This was challenging and fun to make using nearly 2000 photos.
1. Books: chugging through a lot of reading - spy novels, bios, photo books of London to remind me of what the city looks like .
2. Pasta: obviously .
3. Camera: allows me to keep creative in my home studio .
4. Tea: green as the grass please .
5. iPad: writing, drawing, watching films, video calls, reading, creating… .
6. Inhaler: asthma sucks, especially in a pandemic .
7. Podcasts: bit obsessed with podcasts at the best of times, so this is getting me through - comedy, politics, filmmaking, music, mental health, photography .
8. Chickpeas: are essential for making Hummus, and Hummus is magic and should be prescribed on the NHS. I won’t be taking questions .
9. Music: making playlists on my Spotify - movie scores, rhythm & blues, funk, soul, live albums, and of course Springsteen on repeat .
10. Nintendo: dug out my 90’s NES games system to remember a simpler time. Currently playing “Home Alone 2 Lost in New York” .
11. Pepper plant: Have been growing some peppers for a few months, it’s starting to sprout, so at least I’ll have peppers…. sometime in November… .
12. Yoga Mat: can’t really go out because of asthma, so only form of exercise is standing on my head, really enjoying developing my practice .
13. Notebook: writing words that may form a story at some point .
14. Eggs: praise be to the eggs, let us never forsake you again .
15. Joggers: think Ive only worn my jeans about twice in 2 months, so basically living in these joggers, they smell nice… (Are they joggers if you don’t go jogging? Not sure, anyway creative licence… ) .
BEHIND THE SCENES
Here’s a quick BTS video